An age old question is answered: who are the better explorers? The conquistadors or the vikings?
This turned out almost as well as I'd hoped. There's a bump or two, some light flicker and because of software issues, a couple of perfectly smooth shots have come out choppy, but overall I'm happy with this.
Behind the scenes
Vikings didn't really have horned helmets, but I wasn't going for realism here. Aside from the scared viking at the end (and the face of the green viking) they're the generic minifigures from the Vikings theme.
The big lava monster was called Chief Cherufe in the script. A 'cherufe' is a Chilean, humanoid lava giant. They were typically evil, demanding young girls to be sacrificed to them, and were originally conceived as an explanation for volcanic eruptions.
- King Eirik - Kristóf Fekete-Kovács/Arginnon (http://youtube.com/allekto1323)
- Conquistador - Harrison Allen/Squid (http://www.youtube.com/user/AnnoyingNoisesInc)
- Scared viking - Jorden Davis/JohnDthunDer (http://www.youtube.com/JonnDthunDer)
- Screaming - Carl Ferber/BackyardLegos (http://www.youtube.com/user/backyardlegos) and Jared Nesbitt/Brickelodeon (http://www.youtube.com/user/Brickelodeon)
- Everyone else voiced by me.
Follow my Flickr for lots of MOCs and previews: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jampotstudios/
I'm constantly tweeting: https://twitter.com/JamPotStudios1
You can follow the Jam Pot facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jam-Pot-Studios/139333439497142
Stay tuned for more animations soon, and remember to head over to YouTube and subscribe!